Last amends: 20th May 2018
Found.ly helps find public information available on the web, to connect with each other by providing web applications, browser extensions, and other online services.
The data we collect
All the data of your account is yours. When you create your account, we ask for information like your email, you name or what company you work for. All this information is used to personalize your experience or send you onboarding emails and invoices. This basic information about your account is only accessible to the team and will never be shared with third parties.
Sensitive data that results from your use of the product like the searches you do on Found.ly, the files you upload or the data accessible via connected applications will only be accessed by the team with your permission to help you with a problem or squash a software bug.
How we use your information
We use this information to process your registration, provide our service, process payments, provide statements of account and communicate with you on any matter relating to your account and the provision of our service in general. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us further develop and improve our service and may provide the aggregate information and statistics to third parties. These statistics will not include any information which can be used to identify you. We may also wish to provide you with information about special offers related to our service or any other service or products which we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please opt-out by contacting us here. We encourage users to use secure passwords. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, but you should be aware that the Internet is not secure and so we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information transferred from or to you through your use of this service.
The data we distribute in our service
Found.ly crawls the entire web, finds and indexes professional email addresses that it finds, publicly available. All of the emails can be directly distributed in the service with an indication of the place that Found.ly has found the email; typically the domain source can be found within the Chrome extension.
They can also be used in our algorithm to guess other email addresses.
In order to comply with data protection, there are some cases where we do not collect and distribute email addresses:
- We will never distribute webmail addresses. An example of these can be found at https://github.com/mailcheck/mailcheck/wiki/List-of-Popular-Domains. If at any point you notice any personal email addresses, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove this.
- Where a website does not wish to be crawled, as declared in the robots.txt files. These files are commonly used to indicate what pages should be read or not by crawlers.
- Whenever a professional request for their email to be removed from our database. This can be done here: https://www.found.ly/claim
Found.ly’s Chrome extension lets you use our service from within your browser. It collects the domain names visited in an anonymous way. This statistical information helps us to identify the most used websites.
In our products, we may track the actions of the user in order to improve our service. These are tracked in a statistical way, for example, the use of a certain feature such as email sending via Found.ly.
Controlling your own data
You can amend and delete personal information directly from your dashboard at any time. Should you need any more information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Security is of the utmost importance. Here are the key steps we take in order to keep your data safe:
- We use https on all Found.ly services, domains, and subdomains. Any HTTP requests get directed to https.
- We use a web application Firewall to filter incoming requests trying to compromise the service.
- We use AWS (Amazon Web Services) to securely host Found.ly services 24/7.
- We use Stripe to handle credit card payments and do not store any credit card information (except non-usable information to ease customer support, for example, last four digits of the card).
Cookies are text files stored on your device which allow us to track and identify our visitors, their usage of the site and website preferences. You can configure your device not to accept our cookies if you wish, although certain features of our site may not work if you do this.